Every year WILDCATS Cheer Pride strives to put together the most successful and competitive teams. Teams are determined by age and skill level of those that attend team placements. We highly recommend scheduling a free, private evaluation with us to discuss all of the options within the Pride prior to Team Placements.
Full-year Team Placements for the 2019-2020 season will take place on May 28 for athletes ages 10 and under and May 29 for athletes ages 11 and up. Can’t make it but still want to join? We are happy to evaluate your athlete privately on May 29 (or another date we can schedule together) to find the best team and place for them in the Pride! We are always accepting new athletes! Half year team evaluations will take place in the Fall.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT TEAM PLACEMENTS
Dress code: Athletes should wear comfortable athletic WILDCAT attire (orange/grey/black are acceptable also) and clean, low tread, tennis shoes. Hair should be pulled back with a bow. No jewelry allowed.
1. When you arrive, you will sign in and fill out a brief registration form and waiver. This will help us to better understand the kind of experience you are looking for as well as collect your information.
2. Next, you will be sized for practice wear and quick measurements will be taken to help our uniform ordering process. A $100 uniform deposit will be required at this time to be placed on a full year team.
3. Coaches will take athletes to the gym for warm up and stretching.
4. Athletes will be evaluated in small groups on tumbling and jumps to start. No experience is needed and we will help athletes who have never jumped or tumbled! A positive attitude and willingness to learn and try new things are always important if you want to be a WILDCAT!
5. Athletes will then be paired with additional groups as they go through the first part of evaluations to briefly work on stunting.
Remember there is a place for everyone at WILDCATS Cheer Pride! NO tumbling, stunting or cheer experience is required. We will train you! So relax and have fun!
Athletes will receive an email with team placement and summer schedule within one week of evaluations.
Athlete’s age on August 31st will determine their age eligibility as shown below:
|Senior 5||12-18 years|